BeierTab version 2.17
Build 3 – January 2019
What is BeierTab?
A computer program for MS Windows in which to edit and print lute tablature. It also transcribes lute tablature into staff-notation (in MusicXML format which can be used with music notation programs such as Finale and Sibelius).
Fonts and layout based on historical sources. Convert instantaneously between different styles:
- French Tablature – Renaissance: Besard 1603, Dowland 1610
- French Tablature – Baroque: Gautier 1669, Breitkopf 1750
- Italian Tablature: Gardano 1550, Piccinini 1623
- Spanish Tablature: Luys Milan 1535
- German Tablature: Newsidler 1536
- Baroque Guitar: Murcia
- All kinds of left hand ornament signs.
- Upward and downward slurs, vertical and diagonal lines.
- Right hand arpeggio squiggles and separée signs.
- Right and left hand fingering signs and numbers.
- Rest signs, dynamics, fermatae, coda and repeat signs.
- Add text with choice of font, size and color.
- End of piece arabesques.
- Grace notes
- Transpose tablature up or down.
- Convert tablature from one instrument tuning to another.
- Transform rhythm signs by doubling or halving their value.
- Format rhythm signs to appear at bar lines or at a particular rhythmic interval.
- Instantly add vertical lines connecting chords to diapasons throughout the tablature.
- Instantly add right hand index fingering dots throughout the tablature at the appropriate places.Convert tablature from one instrument tuning to another.
- Add, delete and arrange the position of multiple staves per system, creating scores for lute duets, trios, etc.
- Merge two or more staves of a system into one. You can perform the contrary operation of splitting tablature into two staves by selecting individual voices (see MIDI below).
- Select the style of bracket (curved, square or none) to use with multiple staves.
- Make parts – each staff in a separate file.
- Portrait and landscape orientation.
- Paper sizes include US Letter and Legal, A3, A4, A5, B4, B5, B6.
- Control spacing, margins, indents, etc.
- Adjust the size of the tablature and how it fits on the page.
- Captions and page numbering options.
- Assign independent voices to tablature characters, for polyphonic rendition.
- You can select voices and delete them, or copy them to a new staff.
- Listen to the tablature file, control tempo and volume.
- Export tablature to a MIDI file.
- Export tablature to MusicXML, transcribed to piano score format.
Import and Export
- Import Wayne Cripps “Tab” lute tablature files.
- Export tablature as graphic files in various formats.
- Print files.